When I first heard the word “Chakra”, I thought it could be a dope name for a soulful singer 😉
It was also an intriguing enough word for me to research Chakras more because I kept reading and hearing about it from my energy-working friends. After much research, I continued to study the importance of the seven chakras and their connection to our spiritual, physical, and intellectual wellbeing.
Chakra means “Wheel of Light” in Sanskrit. Just imagine little colorful wheels lined up and down the center of the body and circling in motion. There are seven points in the center of the human body that releases energy and that’s where the chakras are located. Chakras, in other terms, are energy portals in the body.
You have them. I have them. WE ALL have them.
When the chakras are clean and balanced, they enhance our spiritual, intellectual, and emotional wellbeing. When they are imbalanced and blocked, your ability to function in those areas are limited. Each chakra is the color of the rainbow from the Root Chakra (red) to the Crown Chakra (Purple).
Root Chakra Affirmations:
- I feel deeply rooted
- I am connected to my body
- I feel safe and secure
- I make healthy choices that are right for me
- I am grateful
- I nurture my body with water, good nutrition, and exercise
- I love my life and the people in it
People who live up the Root Chakra are many of us who are “survivalists” in the sense. We work to keep a roof over our heads, pay bills, and to maintain other essentials needed to sustain a productive life. We live in our own world and enjoy every bit of it. Free-spirited individuals also live up to this chakra. Because they are deeply connected to who they are, they do not value the opinions of others.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations:
- I honor my body
- I embrace my sexuality
- I am radiant
- I give myself permission to release my sensuality
- I weave creativity in my life
People who live up to the Sacral Chakra are deeply rooted in their sexuality. They find enlightenment in the proper way of lovemaking and believes that an orgasm is a part of emotional healing.
Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations:
- I stand for justice, truth, and freedom
- I have a right to live in this world
- I can do anything I set my mind to do
- I stand courageous and empowered
People who live up to the Solar Plexus Chakra are those who invest in not only their own but others in their communities. People with “It takes a village” mentalities like community activists. These are special people who take the time to create programs &/or organizations for a better livelihood for strangers.
Heart Chakra Affirmations:
- I give love and accept love unconditionally
- I forgive
- I appreciate affection
- I have compassion for others
- I accept others for who they are
- I value my life & the life of others
People who live up to the Heart Chakra are those who understand the principle of the universal love of the heart. They are those who find love in all humanity without restraint. People who live up to the heart chakra also make decisions based on matters of the heart. Romantic lovers are a huge factor when it comes to important life decisions. They want to stay connected to their lovers because they are a priority in their life.
Throat Chakra Affirmations:
- I express myself with clarity
- I speak with assertiveness
- I speak up for myself
- I write clearly
People who live up to the Throat chakra are awesome communicators; public speakers, lawyers, teachers, or anyone who stands for truth, whether it’s theirs or others. Despite the chakra being the Throat, verbal communication can translate into written form. Thus, making writers fall under this particular chakra, as well.
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations:
- I trust my intuition
- I am connected to the wisdom of The Universe
- I am in touch with my inner guidance
- I am aware
- I observe deeply
People who live up to the Third Eye Chakra are highly evolved people that have a special ability to see what others cannot see. These abilities can manifest as visions, auras, and can receive messages spiritually. Sometimes, we “have a feeling” about things. That is our special psychic ability coming through, trying to show us what we feel or see coming our way.
Crown Chakra Affirmations:
- I am open to abundance and greatness
- I am a believer
- I trust
- follow my intuition
- My spiritual insight is clear
- My energy is a priority
- I am liberated
- I am open-minded
- My thoughts are clear
- I release all negative attachment from the past
- I am wise
People who fall under the Crown Chakra are also highly-evolved people with the gift of being leaders of themselves, as well as others. These people lead with love and understanding for others. They hold a certain authority without invoking fear in others. They call for peace and are an inspiration to others. Energy healers, light workers, and spiritual strategists are the epitomes of people with a highly-balanced Crown Chakra. Go get you one and make them your best friend 🙂
How do we balance our chakras?
I’m a Certified Crystal Healer, but that doesn’t mean I NEVER need healing. There are days when certain chakras need clearing, so I do a self-healing session. As explain here, there are many methods of healing yourself with crystals but for chakra clearing purposes, the following is what I recommend:
- Find a quiet spot
- Ask for guidance from the Universe
- Take a crystal that supports the chakra you want to clear and place it in front of you. If all your chakras need clearing place a crystal that supports each chakra and place them around you. You can also lay on your back and place the crystal in their corresponding chakra positions.
- Clear your mind and don’t talk
- visualize removing all blockages from your chakra(s); unwanted energy or bad habits/thoughts from your body.
- Say your affirmation out loud
- Stay in your desired position for 5 minutes after saying your affirmation
After each healing session, give thanks to your crystals and carefully put them where you normally keep them.
Start Your Chakra-Healing Challenge TODAY
Implement chakra-healing methods in your life for harmony that you deserve!