Sex is great!
Sex with someone you love is even better!
To know that there are methods for improving sex with the one you love is THE BEST!
It’s awesome knowing that yoga is one of the many methods. Not only is yoga a great form of meditation, but certain postures improve flexibility, increase blood flow, and opens your heart and sacral chakras—all of which are necessary for amazing sex.
Lessons in mindfulness are incorporated in yoga practice, which can also be translated to our sexual experiences. The mindfulness that we learn can be applied to our love-making, thus, making the experiences more enjoyable as we focus on our partner, instead of thinking too much about producing an orgasm. The orgasm will come when the mind is centered, but also, the physical aspects that support stronger orgasms, as well as deeper connections are just as vital. These five yoga poses will do just that!
- Stretches the body
- Lengthens thighs and spine
1. Start on all fours with wrists 6 to 12 inches in front of shoulders. Separate knees hip-width apart and curl toes under.
2. Pushing evenly into palms, lift knees off the floor. Lift your tailbone toward the ceiling and push the top of the thighs back so body looks like an inverted V.
3. At first, keep knees bent and heels lifted off the floor. Slowly start to straighten knees, but don’t lock them.
4. Gently move chest back toward thighs until ears are even with upper arms; don’t let your head dangle. Keep hips lifting and push strongly into hands.
This pose helps you tune into the moment while warming you up.
Pigeon Pose (2 variations)
Releases tension in the lower body
1. Bring your right knee towards the outer edge of your right wrist and work to bring your shin parallel to your mat or the wall in front of you.
2. Drop your hips down onto the ground, and make sure that the left knee and thigh are flush to the ground.
3. Inhale and draw your torso upright. Stay here 5-8 breaths, and then walk your hands forward onto the ground in front of you. Hold for 1-5 minutes. Switch sides. (Improvise with a yoga wheel, yoga belt, or regular belt for limited flexibility, as seen in picture 2 above)
This pose will increase flexibility in your hips and improve your range of motion.
- Engages the pelvis which helps with orgasms
- Lengthens the spine
- Start on hands and knees in a table-top position with your hips over your knees, and your shoulders over your wrists.
- On your inhale, sink your belly while you lift your tailbone and your gaze.
- On your exhale, draw your belly in up while you round your spine.
This pose strengthens the space between your navel and your anus, activating what yogis call “Mula bandha“, which, when controlled, can help men last longer.
- Strengthens hip muscles
- Opens heart chakra
- Lay on the ground with your arms along your sides, your knees bent, and your feet hips width apart.
- Press the ground away with your feet, and lift your heart up.
- If you have enough flexibility through the shoulders, you can climb onto the tops of the shoulders and interlace the fingers behind you, pressing feet and fists down into the ground.
- Hold here for 5-8 breaths, then repeat.
This pose strengthens your quads while increasing the power in your thrusts.
- Increases blood flow to the brain to enhance alertness and stimulation.
- Stretches the back and thighs
- Begin by lying face-up on the floor and gently bring your straightened legs up in the air over your body, bringing your toes to rest on the floor behind your head.
2. You can either rest your arms against your back or push them gently into the floor by your side.
This pose can be done during sex for deeper penetration. However, you’d want to place your back fully on the surface, as opposed to putting much of the weight on your shoulders, for a safer experience.