We can spend all day, every day eating the right foods, drinking plenty of water, and exercising. However, if our spirit is in need of cleansing, we’re pretty much defeating the purpose. Detoxification can be done two ways. Physically and spiritually. The unique duality is one can’t be done without the other. They’re pretty much a “package deal”.
We all have a pretty good idea about physical detoxing, but not many of us know how to spiritually detox. Removing negative energy from our selves is a different kind of body cleaning which involves purifying your energy with methods ranging from spending time in nature to meditation. We all encounter negative energy on a daily basis, but most of us are oblivious to it.
What are the signs of needing a spiritual detox
- Excessive television with violent content
- Social media addiction
- You find pleasure in other people’s misfortune
- Lack of proper sleep
- Stress and anxiety
- You keep yourself surrounded with drama magnets/people who like to stir up trouble
- Self-doubt and doubtful of others
- Refuse to see the glass as half full
- You spew negativity when the mood hits you
Fortunately, there are ways to reverse the signs, but it starts with acknowledging that you need it. If you feel you might need a spiritual detox, consider the following:
- Turn off the television and computers for a couple of days- We tend to absorb a lot of negativity from television and social media to the point that we’ll feel depleted of good spiritual energy and will eventually suffer from low vibrations. Turning everything off, even if it’s for one day, will help us elevate our vibrations, making us feel more at ease.
- Spend time in nature- Getting some vitamin D and being near water and trees relieves us from depression and anxiety. Take time to go to the park and let your feet ply in the grass and feel yourself becoming centered by the Earth. Go to the beach or somewhere where there’s a body of water. The flow of the water will help you release mental blockages. It’s so worth it to go outside when you have a lot on your mind.
- Surround yourself with positive people- There’s a saying; if you want to get to know someone, check out the people they hang with…or something like that. Simply put…positive folks attract positive folks. Negative folks….well, you know!
- Take a spiritual bath– When we endure some spiritual/emotional stress and/or trauma, it definitely creates spiritual blockages and lingering negative energy. Spiritual bathing, or as some may call ritual bathing, is our way of releasing those blockages. After your spiritual bath, you should feel more at peace, spiritually cleansed, lighter, and balanced. Learn how to take a spiritual bath here.
- Meditation– Clearing and quieting your mind with meditation is the perfect way to reset and recharge. Burn some essential oils to assist you in your meditation.
Start Your Chakra-Healing Challenge TODAY
Implement chakra-healing methods in your life for harmony that you deserve!