If you’re wondering what the hell is “a chakra”, please read this here before reading any further. If you’re familiar and need more methods on how to balance them, then you are in the right place.
We all know that we can’t function properly in our lives when any one or all of our chakras are blocked or imbalanced. Well, I’m here to tell you that there are indeed other ways to unblock them besides the usual crystal healing method, which is explained here.
Aromatherapy is an essential (no pun) and a highly favorite method for balancing the chakras. The best part about using essential oils is that you can use any kind you’d prefer, but it’s recommended to use essential oils with healing properties that align with the purpose of each chakra. The psychological benefits of using essential oils are just as vital to us as the physical/health benefits.
Root Chakra Essential Oils
- Ylang Ylang– Ylang Ylang produces a calming and sedative effect which is perfect for removing fear and nervousness.
- Patchouli– Patchouli is known to effectively attract personal growth.
- Cinnamon– Known as an anti-depressant, Cinnamon essential oil helps keep you centered, grounded, and optimistic.
Sacral Chakra Essential Oils
- Lemongrass– This oil is known to heighten awareness, improve positivity, and support clarity of a busy mind.
- Orange- This oil is known to heighten your sensuality.
Solar Plexus Chakra Essential Oils
- Grapefruit- Known as the “pick-me-up” oil, Grapefruit improves mood and lifts your energy.
- Rosemary- This oil is known to help one connect with their inner strength, promote willpower and confidence.
Heart Chakra Essential Oils
- Eucalyptus- Promotes relaxation, clearer thinking, and relieves heaviness related to matters of the heart.
- Pine- Restores the heart by removing emotional wounds from the past.
- Cedarwood- This oil assists with alleviating depression, and helps us resonate with the true meaning of love.
Throat Chakra Essential Oils
- Eucalyptus- As mentioned in the Heart Chakra, it also promotes clearer thinking and freedom to express oneself for the Throat chakra.
- Peppermint- This popular oil stimulates certain parts of the brain, which allows for increased concentration, revitalization, and helps with loss of memory. It also encourages self-acceptance, vibrancy, and vitality.
- Geranium- Creates a feeling of security.
Third Eye Chakra Essential Oils
- Lavender– aids in calmness and peace during meditation or sleep and also reaches a higher state of consciousness.
- Frankincense– Uplifts the spirit
Crown Chakra Essential Oils
- Lavender- As explained in the Throat Chakra, aids in calmness and peace during meditation or sleep and also reaches a higher state of consciousness.
- Jasmine- uplifts our emotional state by decreasing anxiety and depression and also keeps us emotionally balanced and grounded.
Let’s not forget the many options for using essential oils. We can burn them in an oil burner, put a couple drops in a nice warm bath, or use our oils doing a massage.
Need to stock up on the oils aforementioned? I’m a wellness advocate for doTERRA Essential oils. Get yours today by clicking the picture below!